This is one of my favourite ways to cook Paneer. A great dish to make when you have guests as its very quick to make and needs very few ingredients.
Serves 6; Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500 gms of Paneer cut into rectangle pieces (1 inch by ½ inch)
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon crushed ginger
- ½ Tablespoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon red chillie powder (adjust that to your taste!)
- 2 Tablespoon concentrated tomato puree
- ½ glass of hot water
- 1 tin thick coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon ground almonds
- Flaked Almonds for garnishing (optional)
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
You can use any kind of pot to make it. I prefer a small wok or “karai”. Fry the thinly sliced onions till they are caramelized. On medium high heat, add the garlic and ginger and stir in the oil for a minute. Then add the coriander powder and chilli powder, followed by the tomato puree and water. Wait till the oil comes to the top. Add the ground almonds with the salt and make sure the almonds do not form lumps. Then add the paneer and stir gently and lower the heat a bit so the paneer does not get burnt. After a few minutes add the coconut milk and a touch of sugar (adjust that to your taste!).